Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Internet card damaged?

• Please log in to reply

Ashley Pries

Ashley Pries

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell latitude d600 that has been plagued with problems since I received it. It had the internal wireless card but since I got (and defeated) the blue screen of death it no longer reads that it is there. I need on the Internet to update, but I don't know how to go about fixing the wireless card first. Is there a way to reactivate it? Or maybe some drivers on a flash drive to install? There is nothing important on the computer itself but I hate to think I spent the money on something that can't be fixed. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
:welcome: Ashley Pries

Check the Device Manager to see if there is a yellow ! or red X next to the Network Adapters.
If there is a yellow ! right click on the device and see if it installs the driver (possibly a generic Windows one).
If not download the driver to a thumb drive and install it, drivers available @ http://search.dell.c...=False&~ck=anav
Let us know if this resolves the issue.