Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting My Cell Phone to My windows 7 PC

• Please log in to reply

thailen

thailen

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Since you don't have a Cell Phone forum, I'm guessing this may be the next best place. IO took some photos and want to out them into my PC.
I connected the charging cable from the cell phone port to a USB port on my Notebook PC and am trying to transfer jpg photos to my PC. But when I click on My Computer, only my C hard drive and the DVD drive show upon the screen. What to do?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
There is a android forum here where most smart phone questions are asked.
You really did not say what phone you have and that's important. Some phones cannot connect to a computer at all.

There multiple ways to transfer photo's. One way is to email them to your home mail address, or if your home address is the same that is on your phone get a yahoo or gmail mail address and send the photos to that address, then copy them to your computer from there. Most phone's must have SMS(short message service) service to do this, but some phones use smtp(blackberry).

Most phones usually save pictures to a micro SD card instead of the camera's internal memory. I use a microSD adapter to copy photo's out of the photo folder on the card to my computer. If you bought your phone new, there may be software on a mini CD that lets your computer see the phone(sometimes as a hard drive)and then you can transfer the pictures after you install the software on the computer.

http://www.cpsdeals.... sd adapter.jpg

SRX660

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Another option is Bluetooth, if the phone supports it and the notebook has an adaptor (if not, they can picked up faily cheaply).

thailen

thailen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
My phone does have SMS(I've never used it), and I bought a second SD card for the camera. Please talk me into transferring the photos using SMS to my PC. It's not a smartphone,so I can't send anything to my Yahoo E-mail address(unless I don't understand it's possible).

thailen

thailen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Phone does NOT have bluetooth. What kind of an adapter? The cord connecting the camera to the PC has a USB plug

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
what phone do you have? make and model please.

SRX660