Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

wired connection, but no go

• Please log in to reply

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
The guy at best buy is right. Cat6 is better, but you will only notice a difference between the two if you are using a Gibabit switch. Cat 6 is designed for all these networks running Gigabit connections but is backward compatible with Cat 5. The cable should not make a difference unless you are using a standard patch cable instead of a cross-over cable or vice-versa. If the cable is correct, and the network settings on your machines are correct, make sure that you don't have a firewall setup, that can be a #1 problem in connectivity.

Greazy Mcgeezy

Advertisements

babytazz

babytazz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
ok. i had the problem fixed by installing a new network card... it worked superb for about 12 hours... after eating dinner, i came back only to find out "not enough resources" to run the network card...... what in the world is going on? i've uninstalled the 2.0 usb card but still no resources.... HELP!

babytazz

babytazz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
k so now i've fixed the resource problem, but, the New network card still does not work... i am back at square one where my computer is sending, but not recieving... could this mean i must get another network card? also is my stupid computer causing my network cards to break on me? NEEED HEEELLPP!!