Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant connect to internet after removing the xp 2012 virus

• Please log in to reply

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
I do indeed :)

Try the following for me please and let me know if this does the trick....

• Switch on your PC and start tapping the F8 key which should then bring up the advanced options screen
  • Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt
  • Click your username to login
  • A black command prompt window will appear
  • In that black box type:

sc config intelppm start= disabled

(it needs to be typed exactly as it appears there with the correct spaces etc)
  • Now press Enter, it should indicate that it was successful
  • Type exit then press Enter
  • Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete on the keyboard to bring up Task Manager
  • Click Shut Down at the top, then click Restart
  • The PC should hopefully now boot normally

Advertisements

Irissh

Irissh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Nope. When i type the command in (i wasn't sure if there was a space after the =) I got this response. No go when i restarted. I really super appreciate all of your help with this!IMAG0305.jpg

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts

When i type the command in (i wasn't sure if there was a space after the =) I got this response.

Yep there is a space after the '=', you put it in correctly first time, but there isn't a service with that name. Indicates that the intelppm might not be the problem.

I really super appreciate all of your help with this!

Not a problem :) I appreciate your patience with this and sticking with it! Some problems can take more time than others and it can be frustrating, but hopefully we'll get it sorted soon.

Lets now try booting XP without any startup items and non microsoft services, to see if we can narrow the search down. If this doesn't enable the PC to boot into Normal Mode, just move onto Step 2.

1)
Selective Startup

In Safe Mode, Click the Start button, then click Run
In the Run dialogue box, type msconfig, then press ENTER

• In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click Selective Startup on the General tab.
  • Click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
  • Click the Services tab.
  • Click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
  • Click Disable All, and then click OK.
  • When you are prompted, click Restart.

2)
In Safe Mode with Networking, please do the following:

Blue Screen Errors
  • Click here to download BlueScreenView
  • Right click bluescreenview.zip and choose "Extract All" or "Extract Here" to extract the contents of the zip file
  • Once extracted, double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program
  • Click Edit, then Select All
  • Click File, then Save Selected Items
  • In the File name, type bluescreenlog.txt and then Save it to your Desktop
  • Open bluescreenlog.txt, then copy and paste all of the contents into your next reply

Irissh

Irissh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Well, the step one didn't seem to change anything.
Step 2... I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but when I click select all there aren't any items to select. I think that's why it's not letting me do the next step, which is to save.
check it out
bluescreenview.JPG

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
Okey dokey, well that tells us it's not a third party driver, so it is indeed a Windows or preinstalled driver that is causing the problems. It also appears that there are no error dumps as BlueScreenView shows no items.

Lets see if we can get more info on the blue screen message. Can you restart the PC and keep pressing F8 to bring up the options screen. Instead of Safe Mode, choose Disable Automatic Restart on system failure. The PC should not restart now by itself and should show a blue screen error message similar to the one below:

Posted Image

Look at the bottom two or three lines. Could you tell me the Stop Error code and the filename mentioned below it. In the example above, these would be Stop: 0x00000079 and fastfat.sys. Note - some blue screen errors will have the Stop error code, but not a filename, so you may or may not see a filename on yours.

Irissh

Irissh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
IMAG0324.jpg like this?

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
Yep, thanks for the picture. Try the following boot method using msconfig and see if that enables the PC to boot normally. If it doesn't, please do Step 2 so I can take one last look at the intelppm issue :)

1)
  • Boot into Safe Mode
  • Click Start, then Run
  • In the run dialogue box type msconfig and click OK
  • Click the Boot.ini tab along the top
  • In the Boot Options area, place a tick in /BASEVIDEO and /SOS
  • Click OK, then click Restart
  • The PC should now restart. See if it boots normally
  • If it does, you will notice the graphics do not appear great. Don't worry about this

2)
If the above step didn't make a difference, I just need to grab some more info on the possible intelppm issue.

Boot into Safe Mode with Networking, so you have internet access

Please download MiniRegTool.zip and unzip it.
  • Run the tool.
  • Copy and paste the following into the edit box:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Intelppm
  • Check Export keys radio button.
  • Press Go button and a text file will appear with information.
  • Click File > Save As and save it to the Desktop
  • Please attach this text file to your next reply

To attach a file...
  • Click Add Reply as you would do normally
  • Then within the 'Attachments' area, click Browse and select the file that you want to attach
  • Click the Attach This File button
  • Now click Add to Post on the right hand side, to insert the attachment into your post.

Irissh

Irissh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Step 1 didn't fly, but it made my text huge!
I'm getting an error when I try to attach to the reults image, but this is what the results box says in it.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts

Step 1 didn't fly, but it made my text huge!

Just to confirm, am I right in thinking once you selected the SOS and BASEVIDEO options, the PC isn't restarting by itself now when it tries to boot into Normal Mode, is this correct?

I'm getting an error when I try to attach to the reults image, but this is what the results box says in it.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

Ok that's fine, it confirms the intelppm isn't the issue here, thanks.

Irissh

Irissh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
You are correct. :)

Advertisements

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
Good good, we are getting somewhere :)

I need the exact specs of your hardware, as the HP site doesn't go into enough detail. Once I have these, I will give you the latest drivers for a couple of items. Then hopefully, it will boot normally without the /basevideo switch.

You will need to attach the text file that is created, as it will be quite large:

• Download Speccy from here
  • Once downloaded, double click on the file and follow the onscreen prompts to install it
  • Run Speccy and wait until it has checked the hardware
  • Click File then Save as Text File
  • Save the text file to your desktop
  • Could you attach this text file to your next reply please.

To attach a file...
  • Click Add Reply as you would do normally
  • Then within the 'Attachments' area, click Browse and select the file that you want to attach
  • Click the Attach This File button
  • Now click Add to Post on the right hand side, to insert the attachment into your post.

Irissh

Irissh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
I dont know what my deal is, but I'm not able to get attachments to attach. I get an "Error This upload failed" error. I had this problem last time I tried to attach some thing to my reply, as well. Any ideas on this new problem?
You're right about it being a big attachment. I could attach it in screen shots from my phone, if you want?
Maybe there is specific info I can cut and paste instead?

Your system says "Used 4.46MB of your 4MB global upload quota (Max. single file size: 2MB)". Maybe this is the problem?

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts

Your system says "Used 4.46MB of your 4MB global upload quota (Max. single file size: 2MB)". Maybe this is the problem?

Yep, that will be why then, the 4MB limit has been reached. This forum has a limit on how much can be uploaded. Should be ok without attaching it, but if we need anything else, I'll have a word with one of the admins to see if they can lift this restriction on your account.

Maybe there is specific info I can cut and paste instead?

That would be great if you could. The info I need you to copy and paste are the following:

• Summary section (at the top of the text file)
  • Motherboard section
  • Graphics section

You can leave all of the other sections :)

Irissh

Irissh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Summary
Operating System
MS Windows XP Home 32-bit SP3
CPU
Cannot initialise SPC dll
RAM
Motherboard
Graphics
Hard Drives
Optical Drives
HP DVD Writer 400c
IDE-DVD ROM 16x
Audio
Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA ® Audio Controller

Motherboard
Graphics

Let me know if there's anything else, k?

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
Lets now try getting the Chipset and Graphics Drivers updated. I have a feeling it could be an outdated driver that's causing some issues here. Can you do the following in this specific order please...

• Download these drivers: Chipset and Graphics to your Desktop.
  • In Normal Mode (even though the text and graphics don't look right), unzip and install the Chipset driver (VIA_HyperionPro_V524A.zip). Once this has installed it should ask you to reboot the PC, if it doesn't please reboot it yourself
  • After the PC has restarted, please unzip and install the Graphics driver (KM400_16942416_XP_wIShld_logod.zip). If it asks you to reboot at the end of the installation, please do so.
  • Once the PC has restarted again, click Start > Run > type msconfig > click OK > On the Boot.ini tab, untick /BASEVIDEO (leave /SOS ticked) > Click OK > Click Restart. The PC should now reboot.
  • Let me know if the PC now boots into Normal Mode without restarting and let me know what the graphics and text appear like, if it does indeed boot normally.

:)