Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Win XP Suddenly Loses Ability To Connect To Net

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a windows xp dell inspiron 1520 laptop. It suddenly lost its ability to get on the net. Thinking it was the net cable (I had given up trying to use the wireless b/c after a format I couldn't get it work) which have been sliced and repaired by my husband who went to school for such things, he cut and repaired them again. It worked until I went to bed then went I got back on, same issue. It either sits there and keeps trying to connect or it says limited or no activity. We even went out a bought a brand new cable and still isn't the issue.

I've tried restoring both routers, no good. I've messed with the drivers, looks like I fixed the wireless actually but its doing the same thing. Both the cable and wireless are sitting there trying to connect. I don't know what else to do at this point.