Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing or Corrupt file

• Please log in to reply

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
No, it won't make any difference. When you install the Recovery disc it wipes the drive so make sure you have good backup of you r data.

Advertisements

nameless-fallen-angel

nameless-fallen-angel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
So I can't select specific files that are required to make it work without losing the data? Isn't there any way to copy the data from the CD to transfer it to the Hard Drive without wiping existing files?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
No, sorry. A lot more has to happen than copying files.

You need to backup your data first. You can copy it to CD, DVD, a flash drive or and external hard drive.

This is a good way to do so: > PUPPY LINUX - How to backup your data using, Windows Made Easy

nameless-fallen-angel

nameless-fallen-angel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I backed up a good deal I think to the second hard drive and used Fedora 16 off the disc to get access to the Hard drive and copy the important files. I guess I'll need to stream through and make sure I've got everything judging by the way it looks.

I appreciate all that you could do. Thanks again for the insight. :)