Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Increasing video memory in Win 7--how?

• Please log in to reply

Ferrante

Ferrante

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
Thanks for your help. PLEASE know it is appreciated very much by me. --Mark

Advertisements

Ferrante

Ferrante

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
When I was going to order this, I saw in the pics of the contents that it has a S/P/Dif cable. What is that for?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
From Wiki:

S/PDIF is a digital audio interconnect used in consumer audio equipment over relatively short distances. The signal is transmitted over either a coaxial cable with RCA connectors or a fibre optic cable with TOSLINK connectors. S/PDIF interconnects components in home theatres and other digital high fidelity systems. S/PDIF is based on the professional AES3 interconnect standard.[1] S/PDIF can carry two channels of PCM audio or a multi-channel compressed surround sound format such as Dolby Digital or DTS.

S/PDIF is a data link layer protocol and a set of physical layer specifications for carrying digital audio signals between devices and components over either optical or electrical cable. The name stands for Sony/Philips Digital Interconnect Format (more commonly known as Sony Philips Digital Interface), Sony and Philips being the primary designers of S/PDIF. S/PDIF is standardised in IEC 60958 as IEC 60958 type II (IEC 958 before 1998[2]).

Short version it is for higher fidelity or sound from the video.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 16 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

Ferrante

Ferrante

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
I am not sure at this point. I cannot buy the card until after Feb. 3rd, as I am on disability and because of recent bills, $$ are short. I will certainly post the results once I get it. Thanks for being here to help others, such as myself, who would be lost without your guys!