Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

In Excel Cannot Add Sheets

• Please log in to reply

statman45

statman45

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I cannot add new sheets within a worksheet. Nothing happens when I right click on "Sheet 2". Usually I would see commands such as insert. Additionally, on saved worksheets, when I open them, I cannot add new sheets within already existing worksheets.

I am not an expert, but, I did enable some sort of macro on a excel spreadsheet that was e-mailed to me. Could this have disabled the insert function, etc?

By the way, on different computers, I can use the same files and insert and edit as normal, just not on this one computer.

Advertisements

Glaswegian

Glaswegian

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 14 posts
Hi

It does sound as though the right click menu has been disabled - probably via the macros you enabled. This will affect all worksheets opened within Excel, but only on that computer.

You could try running this macro
Sub ResetMenus2()
With Application
    .CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("Tools").Enabled = True
    .CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("Edit").Enabled = True
    .CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("Insert").Enabled = True
    .CommandBars("Tools").Enabled = True
    .CommandBars("Edit").Enabled = True
    .CommandBars("Insert").Enabled = True
    .CommandBars("Ply").Enabled = True
    .CommandBars("cell").Enabled = True
    .CommandBars("Toolbar list").Enabled = True
    .CommandBars.DisableCustomize = False
End With
End Sub

It's my emergency code and will restore all menus etc.

Open Excel and press Alt+F11 to open Visual Basic. I keep this code in my Personal.xls file - if you have one then it should be listed in the left pane. Copy and paste the code into a Module and then run it.

statman45

statman45

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks so much. it worked great. WOW! huge help to me.

thanks again.

statman45

statman45

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
One thing it will not let me do is copy from one cell to another via the right click button. It appears as though I can click on a cell, right click the word "Copy", but, it will not let me paste the contents into another cell.

I assume this is part of me enabling a macro from an excel spreadsheet I received in an e-mail.

Help me, please.

Glaswegian

Glaswegian

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 14 posts
Hi again

My code will have reset all right and left click functions as well as menus - perhaps there is something else at work? Is this a different workbook from the last one?