Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NETGEAR Wireless Connection

• Please log in to reply

Linny L

Linny L

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have an older Laptop - Dell Latitude D610. I have used it with my NetGear USB Wireless Internet with Verizon, Comcast and then Verizon MiFi with no issues. We now have Time-Warner Wireless Modem using two laptops on it. We are having issues with one of the laptops so I got this one out to set it up on the Time-Warner network and it will not connect. I had it set up with the other providers in no time but I've been working on this for 2 days and nothing. I moved the USB to other ports but still the same thing. I uninstalled the NetGear software and re-installed 3 times with no success. When I go into the NetGear information, my network is there but it won't connect. There is a little computer in my tray that goes green and says I am connected, but there is the other one that says little or no connectivity and one message said that the provider didn't provide the address to this computer. I am using the correct security code that was used to set up all other computers. When I go into Internet Connections through Control Panel it shows not connected and says firewalled. I turned off firewall and still no connection. Provider is no help. I can connect through the Netgear files to "NETGEAR" or Linksys (don't know where this one is coming from). Neither of them are secure so I don't want to use them. I have tried numerous things and nothing is working. Any help is really appreciated - this is making me crazy!!

Advertisements

tjmcs

tjmcs

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
I feel your pain. Posted a similar problem, only I can not get into the router to look at settings. And yes, Netgear techs are absolutely useless. I'll keep you posted if I can find an answer.

joe

Linny L

Linny L

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi - thanks for reply. I was messing with it again yesterday and I pushed the "Button" on the USB and it connected with no problem. There is a little button on my USB Connector and I pushed it and let it run and it said I was conneccted thru internet provider - do you have that?

tjmcs

tjmcs

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
No. Not a button, switch or anything. Recieved a hit with an external link. Trying to match up pic with router.

Linny L

Linny L

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I also called my internet provider and they did help a bit - reset my router/modem - you may want to call whoever you use. Once they did that and I pushed the button I had internet. Are you using a USB connector or a card?

tjmcs

tjmcs

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Desktop was USB and worked great. Laptop was card and would not.

Anyway, she has boxed it up and is taking it to a local ATT store. Service Rep said the store would look at it and see if she needed a new one since what they did over phone did not work. Will not let me look at it any more. Never argue with a woman when she is mad.

Thanks for help.

joe

Linny L

Linny L

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Glad she is getting some help with it - it gets so frustrating!! You are right though - don't argue with a woman when she is mad - she did the right thing. Thanks for info.