Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

TCP/IP issues aftervirus/malware removal

• Please log in to reply

foz_124

foz_124

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Here's the deal, I recently had the XP Home Security 2012 virus/malware on my computer. I was able to follow a youtube video to download malwarebytes.org to removed said nuisance. After removing that, I scanned my computer with SUPERAntispyware (free edition). This is where my current issue began, after removing the adware, trojans, and cookies I restarted my computer and seemed to lose complete internet connection when modem and clients indicate it's connected. When I looked at the Local Area Connection Status is indicated that 165 Packets were being sent but 0 were being received. This lead me to try to Repair Local Area Connection when it indicated this: Windows could not finish repairing the because the following action cannot be completed:

Failed to query TCP/IP setting of the connection. Cannot proceed. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network.

Following this, I tried to access internet explorer when the browser displayed: 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.' I gave more information and allowed me to diagnose connection problems which I clicked. The diagnostic log indicated this:

Last diagnostic run time: 01/03/12 21:14:25 WinSock Diagnostic

WinSock status

info
All base service provider entries are present in the Winsock catalog.

info
The Winsock Service provider chains are valid.

error
Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP] could not perform simple loopback communication. Error 10050.

error
Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP] could not perform simple loopback communication. Error 10050.

error
Provider entry RSVP UDP Service Provider could not perform simple loopback communication. Error 10091.

error
Provider entry RSVP TCP Service Provider could not perform simple loopback communication. Error 10091.

error
A connectivity problem exists with an installed LSP.

action
Automated repair: Reset WinSock catalog

action
Successfully executed: netsh winsock reset catalog

info
System restart required

Network Adapter Diagnostic

Network location detection

info
Using home Internet connection

Network adapter identification

info
Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN

info
Network connection: Name=1394 Connection 2, Device=1394 Net Adapter, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=1394

info
Ethernet connection selected

Network adapter status

info
Network connection status: Connected

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

warn
FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved

warn
HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved

warn
HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved

warn
FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved

warn
HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The server name or address could not be resolved

warn
HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or address could not be resolved

error
Could not make an HTTP connection.

error
Could not make an HTTPS connection.

error
Could not make an FTP connection.

I then did as commanded and restarted the computer with zero luck.

After doing that I began to google information regrading this issue and came across some theories through message boards. The first thing I tried was this:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner> netsh int ip reset reset.log

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner> netsh winsock reset catalog

Sucessfully reset the Winsock Catalog.

You must restart the machine in order to complete the reset.

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner>

Rebooted!!

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner> IPCONFIG /ALL

Windows IP Configuration

An internal error occurred: The request is not supported.

Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.

Additional information: Unable to query host name.

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner>

This became a dead end as well.

Then I tried to access network connections, R-clicked Icon to properties and highlighted internet protocol.

Clicked properties – IP & DNS were both marked to obtain addresses automatically.

Clicked install – Client – Add – (Windows was unable to find drivers for the device).

Click install – Service/Protocol – Same thing occurred

I’m out of ideas and desperately need HELP. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

Ps. I have also tried XP TCPIP Repair and WinSock Fix.

Advertisements