Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ran LSP-Fix on Win7 64x - Now Unable to Load Any Webpage [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Matt Smith

Matt Smith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
The MSI fix did not fix the issue. Still cannot install MSI files.
Thanks for looking into it though.

Advertisements

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
Not a problem!

Can you attempt to perform the steps listed under Method 1 and Method 2 of this link here: http://support.micro....com/kb/2642495 and see if you have any luck doing that?

Matt Smith

Matt Smith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Tried both.
The MSI service was stopped but started.
And the Microsoft FixIt said failed. Ran the Reg file instead of FixIt, it installed but still not able to run MSI files.

Edited by Matt Smith, 13 March 2012 - 03:54 AM.

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
Hi Matt!

I'm honestly starting to run out of ideas of things to try. I'm going to suggest you post in our Windows 7 forum, and see what our techs have to say about this issue, and see if they have any other ideas up their sleeves to try and get the issue of trying to install MSI files fixed.

I'd ask that you include a link to this thread in your Windows 7 forum, so that they are able to see what actions we've already taken.

Warmest Regards,
ST.

Matt Smith

Matt Smith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Well thank you very much for the help so far. You have helped me more than I could have ever asked for and I thank you for that. You are one kicka** person!

Thanks,
Matt

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
Not a problem! I'm glad to have been of assistance. :)

Please take care. :)

Cheers,
ST.

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.