Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

line in internal mixer problems

• Please log in to reply

FeelingMinnesota

FeelingMinnesota

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I'm using an IBM Thinkpad T20 to record my band's live shows. I run directly off the our soundboard via an unadjustable RCA stereo output into 1/8 inch stereo plug into the Line In on my computers soundcard and recording with Cool Edit Pro. When I first started doing this I had to adjust the internal mixer very low so the wav file didn't overload and distort. It worked great for about 10 shows. Now though, I'm unable to adjust the input level. I have "Line In" selected and the fader completely pulled down (should have no sound) but it doesn't seem to interact with the feed coming in anymore. The recording is completely maxed out and very distored. The computer also has Sound Fusion already installed so I was thinking that might be the probem but when I shut down SF there was no change. We have a gig later tonight so I hope I gave enough info for those who might know to help me out by the time I leave this evening so I can start getting good recordings again.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Frustrated Minnesotan

Edited by FeelingMinnesota, 02 June 2005 - 08:04 AM.

Advertisements

FeelingMinnesota

FeelingMinnesota

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
by the way, my OS is Windows 2000 Professional