Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

graphic card support

• Please log in to reply

Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i have a 180w max. Motherboard ,pci xpress slot, 2048mb ddr2 ram,duel core processor. 1gb of nvidia graphic card will support or not?

Advertisements

Faizan Ern Prince

Faizan Ern Prince

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Hello There, Welcome To Geeks To Go,

I would go with a 6650/70 like this, Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16

Hope This Helps.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I have a 180w max

Are we to assume this is your PSU you are referencing?
If so by any standards of today this is so under powered it is scary.
Have you checked the power requirements of the video card you referenced?
In my repairing, building and volunteering here I would never advise the use of a PSU that low in anything. The components now will over load a PSU that size with no problem.
I know others will say the video card may not use that but count in the use of the Mobo, Hard drive or hard drives, optical player, CPU and any USB devices you have and that PSU is a crash just waiting to happen.

Faizan Ern Prince

Faizan Ern Prince

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Maybe he means 1800W

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Maybe he means 1800W

No way. It is not likely you can find one over 1500W, at not one that runs on 115VAC.

180W is a common size for low profile, entry level PSUs. Therefore, your suggestion to go with a 6670, which has a minimum PSU requirement of 400W (450 minimum suggested) would have put the OP in a significant bind. :(

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Maybe he means 1800W

No way. It is not likely you can find one over 1500W, at not one that runs on 115VAC.

180W is a common size for low profile, entry level PSUs. Therefore, your suggestion to go with a 6670, which has a minimum PSU requirement of 400W (450 minimum suggested) would have put the OP in a significant bind. :(

Not to mention as i said before the possibility of over powering the PSU and possible fire danger. My next reply is to the original poster and what I would like to see is a list of specs on your system.
If name brand what make and model
Is it a flat desktop unit or a tower?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 18 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.