Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

can't open simply accounting

• Please log in to reply

scotiadawg

scotiadawg

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place ! I'm going nuts trying to open simply accounting, keep getting the message: cannot open the database because some database files are read only. Please ensure you have sufficient rights to the files , then try again. I'm the olny user on the computer, listed as having all rights. WHAT DO I DO ??????

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
have you contacted Sage for support?

http://www.simplyacc...raining/Support

scotiadawg

scotiadawg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes, I contacted Sage and was told it's NOT a problem with Simply Acct but with my computer. Told me to check files for read only and also check user rights. Both SEEm to be okay. User accouonts has me as full rights, properties show the Read ONly box unchecked so I'm assuming the files are not read only. ???? I'm totaly lost and need major help to get this program open ! Thanks

saramc39

saramc39

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problem. I think it has to do with an update on the computer. It's since I did an update that Simply does not work! Any solutions???

Ejbjb

Ejbjb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having the exact same problem of not being able to open Sage Simply Accounting because some database files are read only. I did contact Sage and they sent me a whole new program along with a page full of links on how to solve firewall problems. The problem is I can't seem to get through the complicated instructions. When I tried reaching Sage again, I gave up after sitting on hold for an hour and 20 minutes. I am less than impressed and very frustrated at this point!