Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sysem check

• Please log in to reply

jimbo10

jimbo10

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
I'm running windows xp.When i boot up I have a black srceen.I ckick on the start button but there are no programs.error ram memory reliabilty is extremely low.also windows- delay write failed,files indexation proces failed

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hi jimbo10, I have seen topics related to these messages and they were malware related so before checking the hardware and software please see the guidance below;

I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

jimbo10

jimbo10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I installed a new hard drive and installed windows xp pro.I need video controller driver.Also, is there a scan that i can do to check my system is running right

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

I installed a new hard drive and installed windows xp pro.I need video controller driver.Also, is there a scan that i can do to check my system is running right

Are you saying that you have removed the HDD that may have a malware infection and fitted a new and clean HDD?

jimbo10

jimbo10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
yes

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Thanks for confirming that, I can assist you now without interfering with malware guidance.
Please tell us what video controller driver you need, provide the MB details so we can do some research.
Once we have this sorted we can move on to getting your machine up to optimum performance.

jimbo10

jimbo10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
intel decktop board d945gcpe

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Driver available @ http://downloadcente...t.aspx?lang=eng

jimbo10

jimbo10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
i still have a yellow question mark for video controller.i couldn't seem to fix it with intel.I don't what to do now.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop.com
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.
Thanks to rshaffer61 for the PCPitstop instructions :thumbsup:

jimbo10

jimbo10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=24744073

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Download and run http://www.innovativ....com/drivermax/ you are allowed to update two drivers a day for free.

I am only suggesting the free driver downloads and in no way suggesting that you use any other product or service at the link.

To start improving your system performance see below:

Please return to the PCPitstop results and address the items that have a red X against them, if you hover the cursor over the item you will be given a description of the issue and if you click on it you will be instructed how to correct the problem, post back when you have done this.

jimbo10

jimbo10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
i installed drivers from drivermax and rebooted but now i can not use my mouse. i made a restore point but can,t get into system restore to restore it.i can't login without the mouse.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
What drivers did you install please.
Your keyboard and mouse should not have been affected as no driver updates for them was necessary.
Try entering the BIOS on boot up and using the Restore default settings, if no joy then try disconnecting the mouse and rebooting without it, shutdown and reconnect the device/s and reboot, let us know the outcome.