Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ComboFIx Log Review after Zero Access Root Infection [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ETUSA

ETUSA

• Pip
  • 1 posts
We had a windows XP machine that became infected with a Rogue Antivirus 2011. Malwarebytes, and Rogue Killer were used, and upon scanning with Rogue Killer the Zero Access Root Kit was identified. Malwarebytes did find rogue av and removed as well. I tried using Kaspersky's Root Kit removal tool, which found 2 threats and removed them, but Rogue Killer continued to identify Zero Access after subsequent scans. I used combofix last, which identified a root kit, and cleaned it. Now rogue killer does not show any infections, with the exception of one line that says: "Error Reading LL2 MBR!"

I am attaching my combo fix log and hijack this log. If anyone has a moment, I would greatly appreciate it if you could look over them. Both logs are from post scan with combofix. I just want to make sure that if any further action is required, I take it. Thank you for your time.

Attached Files

Advertisements

Gammo

Gammo

Member 2k

• Malware Removal
  • 2,299 posts
Hello and welcome to Geekstogo!

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help.
If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below.

Please note: ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert". It is NOT for unsupervised use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.

Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

Download TFC to your desktop
  • Open the file and close any other windows.
  • It will close all programs itself when run, make sure to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. The program should not take long to finish its job
  • Once its finished it should reboot your machine, if not, do this yourself to ensure a complete clean

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Once the program has loaded, click the "Update" tab and click the "Check For updates" button.
  • Once the updates were downloaded, click the "Scanner" tab, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

Gammo

Gammo

Member 2k

• Malware Removal
  • 2,299 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.