Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building A computer (First time)

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday Chris.

Congratulations, Posted Image Very good pics, Can@t see if you did get an SSd..

I suggest you take an image of the OS drive and create a recovery disk. Also when making chnges to the lsystem or installling software, I always create a manual restore point as I do not trust the auto one.

Thank you so much! If you ever require my aid on anything, then I will gladly help

:)

You are more than welcome, I have enjoyed helping.

Advertisements

DarkByte

DarkByte

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hey again friend!

Everything with computer is going just fine, been editing and gaming like crazy. But i have one concern whenever I play one of the high end games. My cpu temperature goes up to between 70 - 79C is that a problem or normal? My motherboard temp goes from 26 - 30C.

Any concerns or just me being a wuss? :)

Thanks again mate.
Hope everything is going well
Chris.

Edited by DarkByte, 15 July 2012 - 07:40 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi DarkByte

iammykyl may be offline for a couple of weeks as he is visiting family here in the UK.

The Ivy Bridge range of CPUs run hotter than the previous Sandy Bridge and as long as your temps do not get a great deal hotter you will be fine as the max temp for your particular CPU is 105.C, see specs tab @ http://www.microcent...duct_id=0388575

DarkByte

DarkByte

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Thanks! For the swift response.
Ill calm down then I might shift the stock heat sink with a better one when i get enough money :)

Have a great day! :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
You are welcome and a great day to you also :thumbsup:

DarkByte

DarkByte

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hello Again iammykyl & Phil.

Its been a long time and I am happy with the computer we build for me :) I still cannot thank you enough!

So now it seems that my brother is also in need for a new desktop computer. He is a gamer, and he games for lets say 4 hours a day.
He would like to be able to game games like Crysis 3 and other high end games.
I have since our last chat educated myself in the arts of finding parts for a computer, and would like to come up with a suggestion for a build, and maybe if you are willing to assist me once again, look it through.

Here is the link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1lIk4

I am not sure on any cooling system and the OS if we should stay win7 or go with win8.

Thanks in Advance
Best Regards
DarkByte

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hello again DarkByte long time no hear :wave:

iammykyl is over here in the UK on holiday at the moment so it may be a couple of days until he is able to reply, I hope I will do for now :D

The list of parts that you have put together are very high end, this obviously comes at a price, unfortunately (or fortunately if we can save you guys some money) for the intended use the parts in the main are overkill for gaming and your brother does not need and will not use the HyperThreading technology that an i7 CPU offers, 16GB of Ram as 8GB will suffice and you certainly do not need to spend so much on what admittedly is an outstanding video card (and cost) to get the best gaming experience, take a look at my list of parts that I have recently purchased and will be building this week, I do not overclock and so went with the stock i5 3570 had I wished to overclock I would have chose the i5 3570k http://pcpartpicker....wer2/saved/1Pa5

I have a full retail Windows 8 Pro 64-bit OS disk to go on the SSD.