Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Bad wired card in Dell Dimension E310

• Please log in to reply

Feverpitch

Feverpitch

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I have a Dell Dimension E310 that's acting up. I've been unable to access the Internet without rebooting the computer a couple of times. This just started happening yesterday. I've once again been able to get back online by rebooting.

I ran the Verizon In-Home Agent and got a diagnosis: Bad wired card in PC. I read on the following site that the problem can be fixed manually on an HP, but have no clue how to fix it on a Dell.

http://h30434.www3.h...net/td-p/547307

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
I have never heard a network card called a wired card before, interesting terminology. Wired as opposed to wireless I guess.

Anyway, try uninstalling the network adapter from Device Manager.

• Open Control Panel
  • Open System
  • Click on the Hardware tab
  • Click on Device Manager
  • Expand Network Adapters
  • Right click on your network device and select Uninstall
  • Reboot
XP will rediscover the card and reload the drivers. This often resolves weird problems like this.

If not, download and install the driver from the Dell web site here: Dimension 3100/E310

The one you want is this:

E310NicDriver.jpg

Feverpitch

Feverpitch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Thank you. That seems to have worked.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician