Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC keeps saying no ethernet connected

• Please log in to reply

mockingbird

mockingbird

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello Geeks,

I'm having issues with my PC. I recently upgraded my internet connection, and since then my PC has been acting weird. There are two issues: the main one is when I wake my PC from sleep mode, I get a big red X on the Network icon on the taskbar. I have an ASRock 870 extreme3 mobo with up-to-date ethernet drivers. The second issue (though this is the wrong forum for this problem) is when I get the issue of my motherboard not recognizing there is an ethernet plugged my computer does not want to shut down. I'm only having issues shutting my PC down when I get the network errors, so I'm thinking these are somehow related.

Anyone have any suggestions on common things that might be causing this that I can look for?

Oh, I should probably add that the modem is an Actiontec Q1000 through CenturyLink.

Advertisements

mockingbird

mockingbird

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I figured it out with some more digging. My PC was on ASRock's power saver setting for some reason. On that setting it was turning off my LAN controller to save power, which is why it wouldn't turn on after I woke it up.

Edited by mockingbird, 08 January 2012 - 12:35 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks for the update and we're glad you were able to resolve your issue.
:cool: :thumbsup: