Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for a webdesigner for Fraternity Webpage

• Please log in to reply

Mick0005

Mick0005

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
My fraternity is looking for someone to create a webpage for us. We will it need setup so it is easy enough for us to update the information ourselves when we need to. Here is a brief list of the things we will want to have on the page:

-We want a flash intro (or any other form of animated intro with sound, if you are more familiar with something else)
-We will also need to have some form of member login for a secure part of the page where brothers can log in and access information the general public will not see
-Some form of online voting for various things (perhaps in the form of a poll, if you have a better idea let me know)
-Between 4-5 various sections of the page, or nested pages (photos, rush, brothers, tradition, social, etc...)
-I'm sure I will think of some more things we want, but if you can handle the above, I am sure you will be able to handle the rest

If you think you can help us out and can handle it, Email me at BOTH emails removed

Of course this will be a paid endeavor for you, and I am the Treasurer so I am able to make financial decision on behalf of the chapter for this project. Please tell me what you have to offer and we can discuss compensation.

Thanx in advance,
Mike

[Someone can just use the email card button. This will prevent spam to your inbox]

Edited by ditto, 02 June 2005 - 11:51 AM.

Advertisements

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
ssone.com

Mick0005

Mick0005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanx for the offer and I will consider it, however, I am looking for someone on a more personal level-- I would rather give the money to someone who could really use it rather than a thriving company

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
OK. Just giving you that to consider. Also consider that our designing is cheaper than most other top designers on the internet. Just letting you know if you are on a budget. Let me know and I can send some example sites.

Good luck with the site :tazz:

Edited by ssone, 03 June 2005 - 11:13 AM.

Mick0005

Mick0005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
ya-- why dont you send me a few example sites--

What do you think it would cost me for the stuff I was inquiring about, mainly the flash intro and the secure login for members, and the means to vote

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
Im actually building one for a church right now that is has exactly all those features, except for the flash intro.

Mick0005

Mick0005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
So what would the total come to, including flash

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
http://www.ssone.com...ebdesign_p.html is basically what your looking at. The page # is an estamate. Im very lenient when it comes to pages. As for the flash intro, it depends on how advanced you want it, as I am still in the process of making a SSOne design center for flash.

Edited by ssone, 03 June 2005 - 11:22 AM.

Mick0005

Mick0005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
and what if we dont need hosting? We have free university space-- will you still design it and let us host it on our own space?

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
If it handles php, yes.

Mick0005

Mick0005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
php being?

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
.php is the file extension of files that handle voting, polls, logins, etc. You can contact your host provider and ask if they handle php files.

I mean, I could do it without PHP but then you would need a service like bravenet and they will cake their services with ads.

Edited by ssone, 03 June 2005 - 11:33 AM.

Mick0005

Mick0005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
oh ok, well i will find that out -- but ya, why dont u send me a few examples and I will talk it over with a few guys

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
Ok, I will pm them to you or e-mail, whichever you prefer, as far as the project I am workin on now I can also send you that link when its done.

Mick0005

Mick0005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
mike[dot]barry [at] gwl[dot]com