Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Security 2012 Virus - TCP/IP Problems

• Please log in to reply

rv8020

rv8020

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I caught the XP Security 2012 virus and removed it with Malwarebytes and Avast. It appears to have caused my TCP/IP internet connections (Wireless Network Connection & Local Area Connection) to stop working as it continually shows "Acquiring network address" and never connects.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to GeesktoGo

Normally I would recommend that you go to our Malware forum, but as one of the Self help Tools in the forum is for XP Security 2012 and variants.
and the problem appears NOW on the evidence available to be ONLY the networking issue.

I will make a short examination of that problem and IF it cannot be easily reolved with the normal networking analysis, then I will provide you with the instructions to go to the Malware forum, as NO HELP can be given here on this forum with any aspect of Malware. This can only be done by our certified experts in Malware analysis and removal

Please go start, run, type cmd.

Then type
ipconfig /all |clip

Open wordpad
New doc.
Click Edit and paste
the results will appear

Close the cmd window by typing
exit
key enter

then copy and paste the results here please NOT the file that I have to open.

Now go start, right click My Computer
Click properties
Click the hardware tab
Click Device manager
click the View tab Click to show hideen devices
On Non plug and pay drivers
look for the entry AFD Auxilliary function driver for winsock.

Is there any warning please.

sman1010

sman1010

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi how are you, I recently also downloaded the XP security 2012 virus, I removed using malwarebytes and by following instructions on the site, http://www.bleepingc...p-security-2012, problem is I too cant access the internet. All I get is a acquiring ip address. I am trying an array of instructions from various sites but to no avail. Please help!

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
sman1010

Welcome to GeesktoGo
Please start your own topic

It does look as though rv8020 may not be replying, but if he does, it is too confusing to work with two problems on the same thread.

Thank you

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
rv8020

It
is now some 13 days since you asked for help and received the first advice
Would you kindly reply indicating if you still require help or indeed your progress on this problem.
Thank you