Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"3D SOUND" USB to audio peripheral

• Please log in to reply

jolene singh

jolene singh

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hello

I purchased a "3D SOUND" USB to Audio converter since my headphone jack on the laptop got damaged. I bought it about 4 months back (So I can't return it ). It was shipped to me from India. I am currently in US. It didn't work then and then I forgot about it, until now (Yes, I know, I was lazy.. :blush: )

The device manager says that there is no driver installed for this device and hence it is not recognized. However, this was supposed to be plug-and-play device.

Is there a driver available for this? I couldn't find any reliable source and I don't want to install a malware by accident. :unsure:

Thanks
Jolene Singh
:)

Advertisements

Rusbel

Rusbel

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
In my experience drivers are the most unreliable aspect of generic foreign products. I mean for a long time this was the case for all computer parts. What you were paying for was basically the level of effort they would put into providing driver updates, but now things seem a little better and I have been much more happy with the quality of drivers in general.

As for finding a driver for your device the best software I have found for that is DriverMax, but I would not recommend you download any drivers using this software because as far as I know it is basically a torrent search engine which means anyone can upload to it and installing bad drivers can cause huge problems. The reason I bring it up though is that it is an easy way to tell whether there are any drivers available and provide information that you can use to search for them from more reliable sources. Drivermax is offered free of charge with limitation put on it such as having to open a web browser to display available drivers instead of imbedding that function into the software, only being allowed to download 2 drivers per day, and a nagger that tries to get you to buy the full version and is extremely frustrating because it seemed to happen every time I am in the middle of a Starcraft II game. Now I simply uninstall the software when I am not using it. Sorry that this is the best solution I can offer, I am sure there is something out there that doesn't require you to jump through so many hoops but I can tell you that if this software can't find a driver for your device it probably doesn't exist. I do want to restate, I absolutely recommend against downloading any drivers using DriverMax.

jolene singh

jolene singh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Thanks.

But, I've had like half my laptop blown away earlier because of fake drivers, so I'm not taking a chance. Unless someone can vouch for a driver which worked for the similar device, I'd just go ahead and order another one.

Regards
Jolene