Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hp 6000 wont boot

• Please log in to reply

desireekhristine

desireekhristine

• Pip
  • 1 posts
this laptop which is an hp 6000 series wont boot. it's my moms. I brought it home bc it was running extremely slow. I thought it had a virus so i did a system restore. not it wont boot at all, and wont give me the option to boot from disk as i was going to try to reinstall the OS. it wouldnt give a boot from disk option when i tried to fix or reinstall the OS. (i have a new key since she cant find her restore disk.) i tried to install my old HDD since my graphics card failed on a hp6000 series laptop i owned and had asked my ex (not at the timeso he didnt screw it on purpose) do a reflow on. unfortunately he didnt listen when i gave him the directions on reflowing a graphics card and OVERHEATED IT. so, there was a pop noise and i just knew it was done for.... it worked for a few days and then boom no more graphics... so anyways... tried to install the HDD from the laptop that had no graphics card (yes this graphics card was on my motherboard if you areb't completely familiar withthe hp6000 series so it was a lost cause at this point to fix MINE) and it wouldn't do anything different than NOT GIVE THE BOOT FROM DISK OPTION). please help anyone who knows way more about this than me. I am a CISCO ACAD student and have ORACLE training too, but this is way out of my training. I only have IT essentials 1 under my belt with hardware. please please help.

Advertisements