Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to get Acquainted with Windows 7 ASAP

• Please log in to reply

Paul Sadlik

Paul Sadlik

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have been using windows XP for the past few years. The fact is I am so much get used that version of windows. Now I am having problems as my new computer (got form office) has Windows 7. Let me know how I can get acquainted with the new environment of Windows 7. I have not been able to understand the logic of its task bar and start menu in the last 24 hours.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Let me know how I can get acquainted with the new environment of Windows 7.

Like just about anything that is new, time and experience is about the only thing that will help. And remember, Google and Bing are your friends.

One thing that may help, however, is to Enable the Quick Launch bar in Windows 7.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
The "for dummies" series of books is very good. There is a Windows 7 for dummies out, one includes a 90 minute DVD as well (on Amazon).

... and no, I'm not saying your a dummy :lol: That's just the stupid title they chose to use. Good books though.