Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google redirect, jemacpv redirect, random BSOD [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK lets go on a dust bunny hunt first

There is a little guide here

But if you can get your hands on an aerosol of air and gently blow the dust off of the graphics card, clear all the vents it may well cure the problem

Have you experienced the BSOD today ?

Advertisements

DoctorScience

DoctorScience

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
yes, it happened this morning.

And in fact I moved it yesterday, and wiped dust out of the external vents. Should I open it up and blow air around, do you think?

Edited by DoctorScience, 17 January 2012 - 02:21 PM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Is there any specific programme running when this occurs or is it just out of the blue

DoctorScience

DoctorScience

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Out of the blue, as far as I know -- frequently when I am away from the computer, as this morning. However, browsers were open, and something running on one of those pages may have triggered it.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hmm Poltergeists :rofl:

Again that would tend to indicate a temperature problem. This would be akin to leaving the car with the engine running and not moving

If they are graphic intensive pages that could trigger it

It will be intriguing to look at the next minidump to see if the same culprit is caught red handed

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.