Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HDMI for PC to HDTV

• Please log in to reply

capper

capper

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
I often connect my laptop directly to one of my new HDTVs with an HDMI cable in order to get a much bigger picture and better sound on the big screen. We have a new 55" Toshiba LED HDTV. When connecting my PC to it with the HDMI cable, I had to use the TV's remote to select the picture size FULL. That way I am able to get a full screen picture.

However, I am having difficulty doing the same thing when connecting to our 42" LG LCD. It doesn't give me the same options when using the TV's remote. It has an "aspect ratio" option that comes up on the screen when I select the Q.MENU on the remote. It opens a box with the following options:

16:9, Just Scan, Set By Program, 4:3, Zoom, and Cinema Zoom 1. The zoom option will only increase the size of the screen up and down but not sideways.

Can anyone suggest a simple way to utilize my HDMI connection so that I can enjoy my full screen when connected to my PC. One other problem I tend to have is that when connected with our 55" LED TV, my PC screen often shrinks and I lose some of the picture on it.

Thanks...

Advertisements