Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building a Computer First Time Really Stuck need help

• Please log in to reply

Rod111

Rod111

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Here are some of my problems I bought a M5A99X EVO Motherboard I put the AMD phenom II CPU in and the fan, Put the hard drive Seagate 500GB in hooked up the power cable to it, but on the Motherboard it has 4 dual socket SATA connections I don't know if I am suppose to put SATA cable in bottom of the black SATA port or to 1 of the 3 White ones, Also from the Lite on dvd burner have power wire going to it but I do not know where from the dvd burner I am suppose to hook the communications cable to the motherboard? I have a 2" ribbon cable that came with the motherboard and have no idea where that connects to or if it is needed anyways.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi Rod111, Posted Image

Please list all the parts you have, everything. Include the make and model.