Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2000 SR-1 Recently Accessed List

• Please log in to reply

LifeboatParty

LifeboatParty

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Outlook 2000, running on the network, allows me to open other user's Outlook files with the permission of the user. The most recently viewed files are shown in a list under File-->Open. The problem with this is that I now have a too-long list showing some users who are not even working here anymore. Unlike with the "Recently used file list" that can be modified in Word's Options-->General, I am unable to reduce the size of this list or, better yet, eliminate the unwanted links.

Does anyone have any idea how I can modify this list without zapping the rest of Outlook? Thanks! :tazz:

Advertisements

back2killah

back2killah

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
If you're using Outlook 2000, take a look at this article from Microsoft.
Make sure you backup your registry BEFORE you make any registry modifications.

At least steps 3-5 backup the key that you're supposed to delete.

Here's the link and hope it helps:
http://support.micro...kb;en-us;292024

LifeboatParty

LifeboatParty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks so much for the tip! I had searched Microsoft for an answer but I couldn't come up with anything!