Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help

• Please log in to reply

Bgtts48ddd

Bgtts48ddd

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
While on the net computer says new updates u may continue while udates complete. Then computer shuts off. I try to start it an sumtimes it wont go pass windows screen and when I try safe mode it gives me a long list of drivers and a couple things im not sure. Then the bsod says a problem has been detected an windows has been shut down to prevent damage. Codes are 0xc2, 0x07, 0xcd4, 0xc33f175, 0xf7a10af8. please help im not gud with computers. And it was a gift 3 yrs ago so I have no cd

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello Bgtts48ddd.... Welcome to
GeeksToGo, :thumbsup:
:ph34r: :yes:

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
  • Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time.
  • Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been
    more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly
    then.
  • Please do the following and supply the requested information as needed. If you
    don't understand my instructions please ask and I will try to explain them
    clearer for you.
  • Do not attempt any steps unless instructed or ask before to
    make sure they will not cause any further issues.
  • If you are receiving assistance in any other forum site please let us know as there may be conflicting advice given.

Before we can help you need to provide the following so I can start you in the right direction.
Laptop or Desktop?
  • If a name brand system then what brand, make and model is the system?
  • If custom built then what brand, make and model is the motherboard
  • Total memory installed
  • Total hard drive capacity and free space
  • What steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue

If 0xc2 is the actual bug check you are getting then below is the explanation for it.

0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER
A kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

Since you state it was a update that started this I am inclined to believe it is one of those updates that is causing the issue.

If you have Windows XP CD...

1. Boot from the CD.
2. When the text-based part of Setup begins, follow the prompts. Select the repair or recover option by pressing R:

Posted Image

3. You'll find yourself at this screen:

Posted Image

4. Once you are at the Recovery Console you will be given at least one choice of Windows installations. Normally the choice you want is the number 1 choice. Click the number 1 key at the "top" of the keyboard and click enter.

NOTE: at this point your numbers to the right of your keyboard are turned off. If you insist on using these keys for your numbers remember to hit the Numbers Lock key before clicking a number over there or your computer will automatically reboot and you will have to wait through the previous steps to get back to the console.

5. You will be given a message asking for the administrator password. Unless someone or something has messed with your computer there is no password so you just click the Enter key.

6. This will bring you to a prompt that says:

C:\WINDOWS>

7. Type:

cd \

Press Enter

Note: between "cd" and "" there should be a "blank space" otherwise the command won't work

8. The prompt should now say:

C:\>

9. Type:

cd system~1\_resto~1

Press Enter.

Note: If it gives an error "Access Denied" while accessing the folder, follow the method below

Type: cd \

Press Enter

Type: cd windows\system32\config

Press Enter

Type: ren system system.bak

Press Enter

(note the spaces between ren and system, and then between system and system.bak)

Type: exit

Press Enter

now the computer should restart, then follow steps 1-6

10. Type:

dir

Press Enter

NOTE: When you hit enter it will list all the restore points folders like "rp1", "rp2" we have to see the last restore point to copy the file from a recent backup. If the restore points have more than one page then you have keep on hitting the key to view the last restore point folder.

NOTE: It is a good rule of thumb to choose the files from the restore point folder which the second to the last one.

11. Type:

cd rp{with the second to the last restore point number }

Press Enter

Example: cd rp9. if rp10 is the last restore point

12. Type:

cd snapshot

Press Enter.

NOTICE: Now the command prompt will look like this:

c:\system~1\resto~1\rp9\snapshot

Note : restore point 9 assumed for clarity of the content.

13. Type:

copy _registry_machine_system c:\windows\system32\config\system

Press Enter

14. Type:

Exit

Press Enter.

Final note : If the above procedure won't solve the problem, repeat all steps, but in step 13 type:

copy _registry_machine_software c:\windows\system32\config\software

Alternatively, select different restore point.

If you don't have Windows CD...

Download Windows Recovery Console: http://www.thecomput...om/files/rc.iso
Download, and install free Imgburn: http://www.imgburn.c...hp?act=download
Using Imgburn, burn rc.iso to a CD.
Boot to the CD...let it finish loading.
When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.

Follow steps 3 - 14.

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

Bgtts48ddd

Bgtts48ddd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi im not sure of the name of the motherboard. Actually wudnt know how to find it. It says dell intel optiplex sp3. Thats all I remember off habd. I cant get unto anything to find out. Or should I aay I dont know how.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try the instructions that start with this below

If you don't have Windows CD...

Bgtts48ddd

Bgtts48ddd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I have no way of downloading anything. This is the only pc available to me. And I cant access the internet from this pc. It wont let it boot up. Also at times it does load my desktop icons but wont let me click in anything. Its almost like it tryn to force itself to start. But nothing an then bacj to blue screen

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I have no way of downloading anything. This is the only pc available to me. And I cant access the internet from this pc

I'm confused because you are talking to me so you have internet access :confused:

Bgtts48ddd

Bgtts48ddd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Im using my android cell phone. I do have internet on the pc. But because the pc wont let.me boot, I cant access it

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
AHHH ok I get it now. :thumbsup:
Can you use a friends PC to download and burn the file and then take it to your PC and run the instructions?
Restoring the system back before the updates should fix the issue.

Bgtts48ddd

Bgtts48ddd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Im here in philly alone havent met any friends yet. Is there a way to buy it or find it sumwhere in thd stores.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nope the only other way is to borrow a OS disk that matches what is installed on your system.

Advertisements

Bgtts48ddd

Bgtts48ddd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Can u tell me how to find out wat the system is. Pretty please. Thanx

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

It says dell intel optiplex sp3

From your response it is a
Dell computer
Desktop or Laptop?
Optiplex is the make of the system
There should be a model number on it some where. If it is a laptop it will be on the bottom on a sticker or plate.
If Desktop it should be a number on the front or on the back there should be a plate with the model number.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Also since it is a Dell you could try contacting them and request a set of original recovery disks. These normally run less then 30USD and will contain the original OS along with all programs and drivers as it was when it was brand new.

Bgtts48ddd

Bgtts48ddd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Does this still apply if the pc was a gift. I believe the person might have built it themself

Bgtts48ddd

Bgtts48ddd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Since yesterday no icons no bootn nothing. Just now my pc has icons. But its like its struggling to open the icons