Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fatal System Error c000021a

• Please log in to reply

Jen22

Jen22

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have seen a few of these but they were pretty old so the problem might be different. My sister in law has given me her IBM Thinkpad with XP saying it won't connect to the internet. However as soon as I switch it after it attempts to boot for 5+ minutes on I get the following message: STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error) The windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x0000000 0x0000000). The system has been shut down.

I have gone into the blue IBM button options area and restored default settings, and I have tried starting in Safe Mode, and last working config. Neither works. Help please!

Thanks

Advertisements