Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BOD- something about an INtel driver

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

and will defrag at this months end. Im afraid to meddle with non critical issues as there isnt anyone about who can tell me step by step what to do

This needs to be done as soon as possible as it is making your system unstable, it is also most likely the cause of the BSOD that you are having.

what about long term with the pitstop program ? Will I have to learn to maintain it ? update it or will windows send in updates ?

Once we have finished with it it can be removed, however it is non intrusive, uses no resources unless used and is a handy tool for you to be able to maintain the smooth running of the notebook yourself.

One thing though .. when I accidentally opened iE which I seldom use .. it said SaUPDATE.exe had stopped working . I didnt bother about it as its not affecting me and I am afraid to mess up if I check on it .. Im thnking of letting it be if its not critical as I seldom use IE ( attachment 2 ) . I mostly use chrome and FF with no problems - I believe this must have been since IE 9 and Im guesing as a layman it may be a windows issue .. something MS has to sort out .. I may well be wrong

SaUPDATE.exe is nothing to do with Windows or IE, it is the fragmentation of another program that you have or had installed which by becoming fragmented or corrupt may also be causing the BSOD.

I am happy to help you resolve the issue but to do so I need your help and this includes with the exception of updating any drivers carrying out the Fixes that have been recommended by PCPitstop, running the test again and providing the url so we can see the results.

Advertisements

henny-penny-1

henny-penny-1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
understood . I will see to the defrag tomorrow then

but Im afraid I dont know or understand what the other Xs are asking me to do .. Im overwhelmed.
I dont know where to start or how to get at those issues

the two drivers I updated by going to device manager and i think I did a right click to allow windows to update them

Edited by henny-penny-1, 29 January 2012 - 04:02 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Here is "how to" address the items that have a red X against them, if you hover the cursor over the item you will be given a description of the issue and if you click on it you will be instructed how to correct the problem, post back when you have done this and don`t worry if you cannot do them all, do what you can and I will assist you with anything else later :thumbsup:

henny-penny-1

henny-penny-1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
im currently looking at http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=24753056

and its asking me to load some free optimise scan

I havent any idea what Im doing but I am going to try

edit

attachment 1 - optimise scan led me to this i think IM doomed as I havent any e money

Edited by henny-penny-1, 29 January 2012 - 04:21 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
No please ignore this and only do the following please;

To remove the entries manually, you can use the Windows MSConfig utility; click Start, Run and type MSCONFIG to run that utility. Find the name of the utility on the Startup tab and clear the check box next to its name. (Some software may not use the same name for its startup entry as for its running program entry.) Note that some utilities also require you to disable them through their own special interface or they will automatically re-insert themselves as running programs the next time the system is started.

From the original instructions that I provided:

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

henny-penny-1

henny-penny-1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
1d.jpg will that MSCONFIG thing tell me what to disable ? Im kind of lost

I hit back to retrieve what was needing a supposed fix

I went as far as screen shot 4 and Im now lost

I dont see any of the items in the same words

Attached Thumbnails

• 1a.jpg
  • 1b.jpg
  • 1c.jpg

Edited by henny-penny-1, 29 January 2012 - 04:43 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
henny-penny-1 you are making this difficult for me, please read carefully ALL of the instructions that I provide, do not do anything I do not do ask and please allow me to reply to your posts before editing your previous posts.

I emphasise again
While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Below are the only five Craplets you need to remove!

Intel® Common User Interface
User Interface
Sun Java Update
Intel Hotkeys
HP software update

henny-penny-1

henny-penny-1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Im sorry I went to get my friend to help me here

didnt mean to inconvenience you

Im going to look again

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
You are not inconveniencing me, you are making it difficult to follow what you are doing by editing previous posts while I am replying.
If you follow my instructions step by step you will be fine if you do not you may ruin your system.

henny-penny-1

henny-penny-1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I managed only to locate these and disbale them

I dont see these in the exact words

User Interface
Sun Java Update
Intel Hotkeys
HP software update

the closest I come to that is the HP health check scheduler

and SUnjava update was - java platform auto updater ( now disabled )

sorry forgot the screen shot

Attached Thumbnails

• 2.jpg

Edited by henny-penny-1, 29 January 2012 - 05:04 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Ok have you restarted the notebook and continued with the fixes and if so where are you up to with them please.

henny-penny-1

henny-penny-1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Ok have you restarted the notebook and continued with the fixes and if so where are you up to with them please.

I have done as in the screen shot above
rebooted

shut down for dinner and when I just started up I blue screened and im not sure what to do now .. Im rather stressed out by this even though I understand the need to go for the fix ..

out of the 5
Intel® Common User Interface
User Interface ( no idea what this is as I dont see that listed )
Sun Java Update < ---- SUnjava update was - java platform auto updater ( now disabled )
Intel Hotkeys <--- dont see anything that says intel hotkeys
HP software update <--- dont see anything that says HP software update .. the closest is HP health check scheduler ? screen shot 3.jpg

Im abit worried as the list to correct seems long and threatening .. and I havent even finished craplet scan Xs.. im going to look at the next X in a min
http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=24753056

Attached Thumbnails

• 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
No worries you can move on and if need be we can tidy up later.

henny-penny-1

henny-penny-1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
to be honest I was totally lost
computer terms sound threatening .. I will see to a defrag in the morning

as for this http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=24753056

Im the only user so Im not sure what they mean log out of your account .. the pc is under my name

__

http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=24753056 win patrol plus ? I clicked and it required some e money and I dont have any of that

__

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

to be honest I was totally lost
computer terms sound threatening .. I will see to a defrag in the morning
You are doing ok so stay calm and you will not make a mistake, you must do the defrag as soon as possible, it may take a long time and so is best left overnight when you are not using the notebook.

as for this http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=24753056

Im the only user so Im not sure what they mean log out of your account .. the pc is under my name
This is advice for you when you are using your notebook online in the future and what it means is do not have the auto enable on your passwords so that you can leave the computer on if you are called away without the threat of people being able to log on without entering a password, I suggested earlier that you read things through because what I have just typed here is explained at the link, see below;

Have an account password for access to your computer, and make it a strong password.
Log out of your account when you leave your computer for an extended period.
If you use a screen saver, set it to ask for a password when it resumes.
If you allow your system to sleep or hibernate, set it to ask for a password when it resumes. This is especially important on a laptop computer.
Don't use IE to save passwords to financial or commerce Web sites. Your IE browser prompts you to save passwords. You may want to turn this off.

__

http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=24753056 win patrol plus ? I clicked and it required some e money and I dont have any of that

Again you need to read the information provided it clearly states the following guidance;

If you have received other tips or advice on PC Pitstop, resolve those items and re-test before trying to solve this one. Your low performance may be due to some other condition that we've already detected, and will go away as soon as those problems are resolved.

I have stated the following on previous occasions;

Do you not understand something about this? Please let me know if this is the case, nothing you need to do will cost you anything, everything I ask or suggest will be 100% Free