Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BOD- something about an INtel driver

• Please log in to reply

henny-penny-1

henny-penny-1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
sorry about that I had to leave the desk suddenly

first I tried the start search and it wouldnt let me run unless I right clicked run as an admin

then a black box for the chk dsk loaded and it ran as read only

I walked away from my desk and when I returned an hr later it was gone . I had no idea what had happened so rebooted.

the next few tries for both had a box load and disappear really quick .. I gave up and Im afraid to proceed any further

I tried the chk dsk the old way

Posted Image
Posted Image

I think for now I wont meddle any further .. Im about half way through saving for a new laptop so this one should hold until I get to the target amount .. Im going to try for a win 7 this time about

Maybe for now we could put this thread on hold ? and I can return if the pc gives any further problems as I will have minimal net time for the next few days

I should still be on tonight though from 10- dawn +8gmt

Advertisements