Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win 7 recovery not opening

• Please log in to reply

Sharon Ward

Sharon Ward

• Pip
  • 1 posts
this started a few weeks ago. Emachine 64bit (they sent me the system and recovery disks but still lost and they will not help anymore.)

Starts here:
blue screen, rebooted fine. two days later was restoring to an earlier point when there was a power failure in the neighborhood before it finished. when power came back I had Unmountable_boot_volume on black screen.

Emachines system disk:
windows is loading files, then the starting windows screen, then emachines recovery management screen, then asks me to select language from a list (i choose english), then goes to a window that says select restore type with three items: complete, OS or exit. unfortunately only the exit will click. I never get to a prompt for the recovery disks.

i am sure i am booting from the system disk as i did the F10/f11/f12 (tried them all at different times).

I have downloaded and iso file they said to burn to dvd that would take me to a iso format utility, all it does it some up RYFormat with a msg saying "Error getting sys info".

I am not sure how to get to BIOS so if that is what i need to do then be sure to tell me how. I am not completely dumb, just never had this much trouble before. I can not buy a new computer it's only two years old and i am waiting on disability to kick in.

thanks for the help.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi Sharon Ward ... :wave: ..:welcome:

I have downloaded and iso file they said to burn to dvd that would take me to a iso format utility, all it does it some up RYFormat with a msg saying "Error getting sys info".

go here and get BurnCDCC ...it only burns .ISO files....

after downloading click on it to launch it then click on browse...locate the .iso file and select it then click on start...
it will burn a bootable cd/dvd...
when done put the cd in the drive and reboot the computer...you will have to use the arrow keys to select the option you want...then press enter