Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Print Spooler Flooding TEMP Folder with Trash Files

• Please log in to reply

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
I am having an issue Regarding a HP Laserjet CP1215.

When printing a document the printer functions normally however Spoolsv.exe will generate about 5-6 files named HPXXX.tmp (XXX are random numbers)
these files are not deleted when the document finishes printing nor when the spooler service is restarted. does anyone have any idea what is causing these garbage files to pile up and how i can get the print spool er to clean up after it' sself

Advertisements

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,793 posts
Hi Mikeloeven,

Sorry for the wait. That sounds like a bug with HP's print drivers.

Have you tried reinstalling the printer using the latest drivers for that device?

If you have, you may want to try installing this printer using the universal print driver instead.

Let me know if you need assistance with testing out these possible solutions.

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
already tried both those fixes perhaps a corrupt spooler.

i tried opening one of the files and it looks like it contains color correction values

Edited by mikeloeven, 29 February 2012 - 09:23 PM.