Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Belkin Router, Help opening specific ports for a program

• Please log in to reply

CarlosG

CarlosG

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, one of the programs(MATLAB) I need for a class requires that I open ports 1701, and 1711 if i use it at home. I have read other threads about people opening up ports on Belkin routers and followed them, I have model F5D7234-4 v1000. First I created a static IP address and then I went to the router setup page> virtual servers and inputted the required information and applied changes. Also i opened up those ports in the windows firewall just in case. Even after this the program keeps saying it cant run due to those ports not being open. I know the program works since I can use it on the campus internet. I have attached screen clippings of the virtual servers, windows firewall, and the client list showing my computer's IP. If anyone could tell me what else I need to do differently to open these ports it would be appreciated. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• Firewall.jpg
  • Virtual Servers.jpg
  • Client List.jpg
  • Ports.jpg

Advertisements