Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Windows Genuine Validation

• Please log in to reply

Millielin

Millielin

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could provide some help with an issue I've been having lately for a few days. About a week ago a message has been popping up on my computer that the Microsoft installed on my computer is not genuine however I know this is not true since I bought it around five years ago preinstalled legally. Once I go to the validation page it says that the validation was interrupted and offers no help on how to fix the issue. I've tried contacting Microsoft but they told me I should contact Dell. That didn't quite work out since I can't afford the price for the help.

Also, whenever I log in normally all I see is a blank screen with no icons or start button so I can't do anything on it but have the message automatically take me to the internet. If I close the internet tab it logs me off. If I log-in with the computer in safe mode it'll work somewhat normally but I'm not allowed to install any type of program that may help. I've tried the system restoration but that only worked once before going back to it's plain validation mode. I can't validate through the start button either since it won't let me on safe mode.

Advertisements

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
I'd suggest posting your problem in the >Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal< forum to see if your computer has picked up a problem.

Millielin

Millielin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Okay. Thanks for the help!