Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe reader download

• Please log in to reply

Midget50

Midget50

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I cannot download Adobe Reader. Was functional sometime ago, but since trying tu update, I am now longer able to download. Click the "Download" yellow button, but nothing happens. Have tried using my Internet Explorer 8 as well as Safari and Google Chrome.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Try booting to Safe Mode with Networking, see if you can download there.

Midget50

Midget50

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you for your reply. When I start up in "Safe" mode, I have no internet access, meaning that I cannot access Adobe to download their reader. When in safe mode, my system tells me that I need to open a new internet account??? I am afraid that I will jeopardise my current account by setting up a duplicate one. Any suggestions?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You say Safe Mode, but I said to try Safe Mode with Networking. Is that what you are doing?

Where are you being asked to open a new internet account? Please be specific when describing problems, makes it a lot easier for me to understand what is going on, thanks.

Midget50

Midget50

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Sorry for the lack of detail. I have managed to go to the Adobe site in "safe mode" After over 5hrs of downloading the reader, it reached 99% of completion then the following:"I/E cannot download ...ader10_en_airgtbd_aih.exe from aihdownload.adobe.com The connection with the server was reset". Several attempts achieve the same results. The download itself takes hours. Then it fails.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Some suggestions to resolve this problem here: Can't download, install Reader | Quick fix

One of the suggestions is to try downloading from here: Adobe Reader Downloads

Midget50

Midget50

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Tried the Instal from here link you provided. Went straight to "instal" step, continued to the 41% complete mark along the progress line. Then the exclamation mark with the message "Download timeout". Several attempts, same results.

Midget50

Midget50

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Visited forums on Adobe site and came across someone experiencing same issue as me. Adobe Reader instal times out at 41%. I attempted the same action which proved successful for the other person i.e.to download the File "AdbeRfr1011_en_US.exe. Progressed to 54% completion of download, then the following message " I/E cannot download AdbeRdr1011_en_US.exe from ftp.adobe.com. The operation timedout." Can you suggest why I am receiving timeout messages?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Can you describe your network setup please?

Who is your ISP and what upload/download speeds should you be getting?
Do you have a router?
Are you on a Laptop or a desktop? If laptop are you using wireless or wired connection?

When did this start happening? Did you do anything around that time, add or remove software or hardware?

Go to dslreports.com and run there speed test, post results here please.

Midget50

Midget50

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Since my last post, I have downloaded 2 Windows updates. I also downloaded and installed an application called "Internet download Manager". I don't know which of these two operations was responsible, but I have now successfully download Adobe Reader. Thank you very much for your patience with a novice.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: glad it's working. Good luck.