Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two windows me problems

• Please log in to reply

jeanne

jeanne

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Please can anyone tell me whats wrong with my computer...all the card games have shrunk in size and so has the writing ...its so small now ..I have tried the usual things like font size but no good... Also I have a problem getting my email to send and recieve into outlook express..I have been told all my setting are correct but it could be my Norton stopping it.. I am new to all this and need any answeres in plain english please.. to give you some idea of the problem the writing on this page is really minute.. many thanks for any help anyone can give me.. I am now at the point of throwing this out of the window LOL , I am too old to for the worry LOL ..Jeanne

Advertisements

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
The card games have shrunk? Like, the pictures or the text?

For this webpage, go to View -> Text Size in your browser. You can also change that setting (VERY accidentally) by holding down CTRL and moving your wheel up and down.

Also, what's Outlook Express telling you, exactly?

jeanne

jeanne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes thepictures .... the cards themselves..have shrunk....any writing to do with the card games is of normal size ..eg..do you want to save this game... but the cards are small.....the setting on View is largest ..the writing as I am writing this now is a fraction of an inch, and its the same when reading some things...Now outlook Express.incoming when I can get it is so small... I telephoned the 50p a minute line for help...they went through everything with me and said I had it right...I asked what I should do then ..and they ""Didnt know""..If I go into it and reset it automatically it lets in one batch of email but none out..then nothiong..I get an error message telling me the server cant be found..they used to transferr automatically from the bt.this is the message I get....

The host 'pop3mail.btinternet.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'pop3mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D...

I just went over to copy this and it let in my email but none out ..I get a message also from BT broadband saying an error has been found but when I phoned them they cant find an error..as I have said I have been on the help sites for the problems but I cant get the help...thankyou so much for answering this problem

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Sorry it took so long to get back, but it's been a busy weekend. Allow me to join the ranks of the "I have no idea."

I don't suppose it's a resolution issue if some is normal size and some isn't. I'm sorry, I can't help you. I'll try to pass this along, though.