Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Only part of a ReadProcessMemory ....

• Please log in to reply

richocki

richocki

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Now and then or should I say some times when I start a program it does not start. I look in Process Explorer and find under 'path' "Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed" all other columns with the exception of the 'name' are blank. I can not 'kill' or restart the application. Sometime I receive the above message and the application is running. What is going on? I am running XP home edition with SP3 installed.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
1. Does this only effect certain programs, and if so which - please.

2. Does it only happen when other applications are open, with a nymber of windows open, OR can it occur when nothing else is running except the base system with the desktop.

3. How long have you had the problem please. Can you connect that time with the install of any new software/hardware.

Run this please and post the requested URL, together with the answers to the above and any other information you consider relevant.
Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others).

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop.com
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!" OR YOU CAN RUN THE TEST ANON. without signing up. - you will see that at the end of that screen. The results will still be saved long enough for me to look at them.
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
macboatmaster

sorry for the delay in answering your reply. I will do as you ask this evening. Thanks again for your help.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

sorry for the delay in answering your reply. I will do as you ask this evening. Thanks again for your help.

Your last post dated 21 Jan.

Do you still require help
Would you please update the topic.
Thank you