Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Adapter Atheros AR5009 802.11 a/g/n

• Please log in to reply

kelsmith24

kelsmith24

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just encountered a problem on my HP G70-246US Laptop where i am unable to access the internet; the internet connection is there (i have several other computers using this access, like this one) but my computer will not allow me to access internet This was fine a day ago. I've tried numerous recovery processes; reverting my computer to a previous time; utilizing windows network diagnostics; repairing network adapters; resetting my router/modem; . . .
it appears to me to be the wireless adapter on my Laptop - but i cannot figure out how to fix this problem. I do not understand how i can fix my problem with some of these resources when they want you to do it over the internet - WHEN I CANNOT ACCESS IT.
FYI - I had recently deleted some unneeded programs from this laptop; can this cause any adapter problems?

Thanks
Kel

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Any chance you accidentally turned off the wireless? Most laptops have a switch or a Fn key to do this.

kelsmith24

kelsmith24

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No - the wireless is on; and my computer can see my wireless; signal is strong; and it indicates that I am connected but it also indicates no internet access. My network map shows no internet access from my modem.
I tried to give my Wifi Adapter a static IP but that did not work.
When I reviewed the IP Config on my wireless network connection:
it gives me the IP address 169.254.146.161 (which i looked into this type of number generated)
Connection-specific DNS Suffix = is blank and I know it is suppose to have my modem address
DHCP Server - this is not listed on config (but it is on my other laptop - that is working)
DNS Servers = fec0:0:0:ffff::1X1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2X1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3X1
and I know that this should be 192.168.0.1

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Do this please: Click on Start then Run or press Window key (next to left Ctrl key) +R and paste the following into the Run box, exactly as shown, including double quotes:

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping yahoo.com >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"

and press ENTER.

A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close.

If you don't have a Run selection off the Start menu, see here: Enable Run Command on Windows 7 or Vista Start Menu