Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardware issues?

• Please log in to reply

Dark_Star_Qc

Dark_Star_Qc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Woah, that's a lot of stuff... and I think you might have overestimated my abilities just a little... ;)

First, I have access to a couple of ftp sites I need for my work. Before I do anything, I want to make sure that that has nothing to do with "rdpclip" "" "" "File not found: rdpclip" If your machine acts as a Terminal Server, i.e. someone else connects to your machine using Remote Desktop, then rdpclip.exe will be loaded on your machine as part of the Terminal Server functionality." I remember that when the technician installed the access to those ftp sites, he connected remotely. Could that be why this is on my computer? A leftover?

The above can be left alone if you allow remote access to your computer, yes it could be leftover from when the tech set up your ftp if you do not allow remote access to your computer to anyone else.

Secondly, I'm not clear on what I need to do after I back up the registry.
See above as it may not be required.

No, I do not allow remote access. What are the instructions to remove? (I have already backed up the registry.)

Then, down to Driver Robot and Registry Booster, do I remove these files normally or is this something I also need to do in the registry?
If the programs do not have their own uninstallers you can remove them in the Programs and Features area of the Control Panel, go to Start then Control Panel and Programs and Features or this may be of help http://uninstallers.blogspot.com/ I am only suggesting the free uninstallers and in no way suggesting that you use any other product or service at the link. Neither of these programs is in the list of installed programs in Programs and Features. I will try the uninstallers link.Actually, I just went there... I can't make sense of what they're offering or what I need to use... :(

Please advise when you have completed the malware scans.

Edited by Dark_Star_Qc, 04 February 2012 - 09:00 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Please advise when you have completed the malware scans.

I cannot assist you further until you have done this as some of the entries in Autoruns may be bogus, with the exception of "\Driver Robot" "" "" "File not found: C:\Program Files\Driver Robot\1.1.0.4\DriverRobot.exe" and
+ "\RegistryBooster" "" "" "File not found: C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster\rbmonitor.exe" google a couple of the other items that have "File not Found" following them and you will see what I mean.

Dark_Star_Qc

Dark_Star_Qc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
OK, I understand. But I won't be able to do all these scans today. I have work to do.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
No worries do them when you have the time.