Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help finding Log file on Windows CE.NET 4.0 device

• Please log in to reply

Meat100

Meat100

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I have a handhelp GPS datalogger that runs on Windows CE.NET 4.0. It runs a program called Terrasync to log GPS data. This is a work unit, so many people use it and when something goes wrong, its hard to figure out what happened. Yesterday, supposedly some people used it, collected data, transferred it and it all went fine. Today someone else was using the handheld and when they turned it on, the Terrasync program shortcut was gone and it wasn't in the start programs list. When I got it back I went into My Computer-Disk-Program Files-Terrasync and then double-clicked the Terrasync .exe and it gives me the error message:

"Cannot find "TerraSync" (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available"

When I go to Control Panel-Remove Programs its there. I'm just going to uninstall and then re-install it, but I'm just curious to any possible causes of what happened. Does anyone know if Windows CE records any log files and if it does where I could find it?

Any help or possible explanations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Rico750

Rico750

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
i don't think that (if it was a de-installation) it was logged. Seems to me someone just de-installed it. Either remote or from the pc itselves.