Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Invalid Partition Table

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Great job and detective work. :notworthy: :cheers:
Is the system now booting correctly and Win7 is now working like it should?

Advertisements

Dezi100

Dezi100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Yes workin fine... any idea how it came about??

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It would seem that the format and or the subsequent blowing the partition away and then resetting up the partition failed during the process which caused the partition to become unreadable. By using the commands you mentioned you in fact blew the partition completely away and using the other commands completely reset everything back using a manual approach instead of allowing the OS disk to do it automatically.
Great great job on your part and I am so happy everything finally worked out for you. :thumbsup:
I may not have solved the issue directly but I am glad my comment about the bios got you pointed in the right direction.
Thank you so much for allowing me to assist you and for letting GTG help. Please let us know if there is anything more we can assist you with. ;)