Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I'm buying a computer, need advice on hardware components

• Please log in to reply

MissElly

MissElly

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
I want to buy a computer, to be build by the computer supplier.
I need some good advice. I will do graphic and 3D work among other, but I will not be a prof. graphic artist. I want a strong and fast computer that shows graphics sharply, but have to watch the price. One of my questions:
What graphic card is better, a Geforce GTX 560 (TI) or a PNY NVIDIA QUADRO 600? What is the difference between them? Or has someone a better idea for choosing a graphic card?
Thanks,
Elly

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi MissElly< Posted Image

What software will you be using?
What is your budget?
Will you be doing any video editing/transcribing at all? If the answer is NO, this is a list of cards that have been tested and are supported.
If you do use video, for best results you should stick with Nvadia cards.

Geforce GTX 560 (TI) or a PNY NVIDIA QUADRO 600? What is the difference between them?

This is not a ccomparison with the power of the cards as they are vastly different, (i doubt that the Quadro would play the Sims)
A GTX is aimed at consumers, with drivers optimized for gaming, watching videos, etc.. A Quadro is almost identical, same GPU but different RAM amount and the drivers are optimized, aimed at professorial photographers, more reliable drivers, direct support, so you pay top dollar.

Have a browse on this page for more informed information. https://www.google.c...cr=&safe=images

This will give you a couple of builds to look at and some useful tips.

http://www.hardware-...-december-2011/

Edited by iammykyl, 19 January 2012 - 09:57 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi.

Have you made in decisions or do you need more help?