Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thank you

• Please log in to reply

38specialady

38specialady

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My problems were not being able to install my printer all the way and when uninstalling it froze up. Someone had suggested uninstalling in Safe Mode. Well I couldn't do that either because pressing f8 upon boot my computer did not respond at all. Plus I had to shut my computer down incorrectly everytime I tried doing this. I finally was able to uninstall using Tweaknow program but that didn't solve my problem except to uninstall it and all of it's contents.

Finally after process of elimination it didn't occure to me that I didn't have a anti virus program on my computer.

Then I saw the SuperAntispyware advertised in the beginning of getting started on this site. Cause I thought thats what your supposed to do before posting.

It fixed my computer, my printer now works, and i have a safe mode.

Thank you,

Dina

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to GeekstoGo

Would you please confirm that I understand you correctly that you have been running the computer and browsing the internet WITHOUT any anti-virus program of any sort until you installed Super Anti Spyware which if it is the free edition does NOT provide real time protection -only a scan and clean facility.

On the taskbar in the notifications area that is to the lower right hand corner is there a RED warning shield which when you open it warns you that you have no anti-virus protection.

Alternatively go to start and Control Panel and open security centre from there.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
38specialady

It is now some 13 days since you joined GeekstoGo and asked for help.
You have yet to respond to the advice that was offered.
Would you please update your topic.
Thank you