and welcome to my office here at G2G
My nick is maliprog
and I'll will be your technical support on this issue. Before we start please read my notes carefully:NOTE:
- Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require several courses of action to completely eradicate.
- Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
- Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
- Please DO NOT run any scans or fix on your own without my direction.
- Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described.
- If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste so as to include the log in your reply.
- You must reply within 3 days or your topic will be closed
to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it (If running Vista or Windows 7, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")
. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them if you need to start a new topic.
Download GMER from Here
. Note the file's name and save it to your root folder, such as C:.
Step 3Please don't forget to include these items in your reply:
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
- Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with this file.
- Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the program. (If running Vista, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")
- Allow the driver to load if asked.
- You may be prompted to scan immediately if it detects rootkit activity.
- If you are prompted to scan your system click "No", save the log and post back the results.
- If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.
- On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.
- Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.
- Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)
- When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.
- Save the file as Results.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
- Exit the program and re-enable all active protection when done.
It would be helpful if you could post each log in separate post
- OTL log
- OTL Extras log
- GMER log