Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with a network issue, please.

• Please log in to reply

Thisiszachary

Thisiszachary

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a VERY simple diagram (it may not help at all) attached. The other black boxes in the diagram are simply jacks that are "dead" and don't have any function.

ID = incoming data. It's my DSL line (phone line sized jack).

DH = Data to House. When this jack has a "source" plugged into it, several other jacks in the house go "live" with that same source (Ethernet sized jack).

I have "jumped" the ID over to he DH and now have Internet in my home office. Unfortunately, there is a console right in front of these jacks that I'd like to have plugged in via Ethernet, but I can't figure out how to do it. Surely there must be a way. Is there a splitter or some other device I could plug into the DH jack that would 1) allow data to pass through it (activating the other jacks in the house) and also 2) OUTPUT the data to the console right in front of it?

I'm open to suggestions. I'd rather not put a modem in between the ID and DH, because that would be pricey and also make a mess of things.

Please help! Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.JPG

Edited by Thisiszachary, 20 January 2012 - 09:40 AM.

Advertisements