Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible Rootkit infection. [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Hi. :)

Short absence!

So i have created the System repair disc successfully. All is well there.

OTL Custom scan was also successful.

No problem and good!

ESET Scan .... wow

Scanned for 1hour and 52mins and system freeze.

I'll run again tomorrow =\

OK, if you read this before doing so, carry out the below. Then retry the online scan...

Run Windows 7 SRD:

Actually boot from the Windows 7 SRD disc.

• If not sure how to, a very good tutorial can be read here.
  • You will have to answer a few basic questions then select the option Repair your computer
  • At the the System Recovery Options screen click Windows 7 to highlight then Next>
  • Now click on/select Startup Repair
  • If prompted to use System Restore, select Cancel.
  • The same if prompted to Send information about this problem (recommended), select Don't send.
  • Click Finish when Startup Repair has completed, remove the SRD disc and then click on Restart

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts

Mate, i am very sorry for my intermittent activity on this forum... Real life is very hectic atm.

I do appreciate your help and hope that you will keep the thread open!

Thanks buddy

Not a problem and thank you for the courtesy of informing myself. Normally I close a topic after three to four days of no activity...

If in the event it may be longer this time merely send myself another PM and or post back in this topic to inform myself of such. I will ask however that the machine we are working on is not used during the interim and or limited use only as that may hinder the overall Malware Removal process, thank you. :)

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.