Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Tidserv Activity 2 scaring me. Please help [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

saintsfan39475

saintsfan39475

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Actually all 6 did download and install manually. Should I go ahead with the bat file? Also, should I uninstall any of the updates?

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
You can go ahead with the batch file as it will clear any blockage that you may have, or you can hold off for now and see if the next update downloads properly

saintsfan39475

saintsfan39475

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Ran fix.bat and tried a Windows update. It failed.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Still the same error

saintsfan39475

saintsfan39475

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Well, I think I found the problem. I noticed I was getting redirected in google searches. So I got rid of Norton and installed Avast. Avast found three viruses and got rid of them. I went to the Window update site and the updates downloaded and installed just fine. Thanks to you and G2G, I think I'm free and clear. Thank you so much.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Could you let me know what Avast found please - there will be a list in the virus chest

saintsfan39475

saintsfan39475

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Ok, the list in the virus chest is:

search[3].htm
A0040001.sys
A0041001.sys

Do those names mean anything to you? The only thing else is where they were found.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK two were in the restore point A0040001.sys A0041001.sys and the other was probably in the Temp Internet files

Is all OK now ?

saintsfan39475

saintsfan39475

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Everything is great. My speed is back. No problems that I can tell in any way. Even the black box is gone. And as per G2G infection guide I have open DNS and how in the world is that not something everybody know about. Man, my internet speed is very noticeably faster. Thank you again. And again...

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
My pleasure - keep safe now :wave:

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.