Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing Printing Privileges?

• Please log in to reply

nolanroy

nolanroy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I am running Windows Server 2003 with Active Directory. I have between 400-500 users that I manage through Active Directory. My boss wants a certain group of users to not be able to print to any of our 9 shared printers company wide. So I opened up my "Printers and Faxes", right clicked on one of the printers, selected "Properties", then the "Security" tab. I then selected "Add" and searched my domain for one of the users I need to remove printing privileges from, once the name was selected I clicked OK. I then placed a check mark beside "Print" in the "Deny" Column. My problem is that it removes privileges to print to this printer ONLY on the local machine. If I go to another computer and try to print while logged in with this user I am able to print. Is there a way for me to deny printing capabilites to these printers no matter what computer these users are logged on to in the domain?? Thanks ahead of time for any responses!

Advertisements